News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Related Products not showing anymore

Started by MAD King, October 24, 2023, 20:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

Updated site with VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922 and the related products stopped showing up on the front-page products.

Joomla 4.4.0
Joomla! 4.4.5
VirtueMart 4.2.12 11012

MAD King

Joomla! 4.4.5
VirtueMart 4.2.12 11012

MAD King

Joomla! 4.4.5
VirtueMart 4.2.12 11012

Roderic

Seems to work fine here, Joomla 3 and 4, both on 4.2.4 10922

MAD King

Joomla! 4.4.5
VirtueMart 4.2.12 11012

Roderic

Only sharing this because it doesn't seem to be a common problem. There for you should probably have a look at your template overrides to see if that is causing your problem.

MAD King

No, it is not the template. Switching to Cassiopeia also shows no related products. It is VM, but as always, no response from the programmers about that. VM is getting worse after each update.
Joomla! 4.4.5
VirtueMart 4.2.12 11012

jenkinhill

I don't understand what you mean by "the related products stopped showing up on the front-page products"

My front-page products are all displayed in modules. I don't recall ever seeing related products appear in a module. They do show on product detail pages, though, no matter how that page is reached.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hazael

A question like - doctor, I feel like I'm sick - please guess what's wrong with me.

MAD - You should provide more details instead of just saying something isn't working for you.
You didn't even provide information about what displays these related products on your website. Is it a module or is it some custom plugin - what is it called and who is its author?

MAD King

Joomla! 4.4.5
VirtueMart 4.2.12 11012

Jumbo!

Go to the VirtueMart Custom Fields section and enable/publish the "Related Products" custom field. It got turned off on a few sites after the VirtueMart update due to an unknown reason.

MAD King

Quote from: Jumbo! on November 06, 2023, 06:55:01 AM
Go to the VirtueMart Custom Fields section and enable/publish the "Related Products" custom field. It got turned off on a few sites after the VirtueMart update due to an unknown reason.

Confirmed. Was disabled after the update. Thanks.
Joomla! 4.4.5
VirtueMart 4.2.12 11012