News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

replacing thumbnail image

Started by KL2020, September 07, 2023, 10:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KL2020

Currently, replacing the thumbnail image is not possible. In VM4 it was initially still an option, but that did not work. Now the option has disappeared all together. I noticed it is being worked on because of the changes that were made over time.

I replace the thumbnail image almost ALWAYS. So this is very disappointing and a loss of functionality. In my opinion, this has a negative effect on the quality of my shop.
As a workaround, I thought of replacing the image by uploading it manually to the server. This would have been possible when the thumbnail image had a different URL, but this option is not possible anymore. The URL is now empty.

Is there an option I can use that I am not aware of? I hope this option will come back! I can't imagine I am the only one who uses this functionality.
Thanks for looking into my issue.

Configuration
kristallicht.nl
Joomla 4
VM 4.2.2
PHP 8

kind regards Annette

jenkinhill

This appears to be work in progress. You can replace the thumb image by uploading to images/virtuemart/product/resized/ using the same filename as the existing thumb.  It's not ideal, but it works.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

KL2020

Aha I see what happens.
In the administration backend there is no URL with filename for the thumbnail , but when I look directly at the server there is! I did not see that. Sorry. Glad to have an alternative Jenkenill.
regards Annette