News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Migration to J4 + VM4

Started by Ramon M, August 18, 2023, 20:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramon M

I have a store with version J3 + VM3 and I want to move only the users/shoppers and products to a new store with J4 + VM4, how can I do it?

hotrod

Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Ramon M

I am interested in JMigrator - 1 domain, but I have some doubts:
- In the installation instructions it refers to Joomla 3 and VirtueMart 3. Does it work on J4 and VM4?
- I need to transfer the users/shoppers from a store with J3+VM3 to another test store with J4+VM4 and, when everything works fine, transfer all this last store to the final server. Is it possible with JMigrator - 1 domain?
- Is it translated into Spanish?

GJC Web Design

u an also copy the j3/VM3 site - upgrade to VM4 .. and simply transfer the required tables
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

hotrod

Quote from: Ramon M on August 19, 2023, 09:43:55 AM
I am interested in JMigrator - 1 domain, but I have some doubts:
- In the installation instructions it refers to Joomla 3 and VirtueMart 3. Does it work on J4 and VM4?
- I need to transfer the users/shoppers from a store with J3+VM3 to another test store with J4+VM4 and, when everything works fine, transfer all this last store to the final server. Is it possible with JMigrator - 1 domain?
- Is it translated into Spanish?

The instructions are older..

What GJ said also...   See I had to rebuild every one of my sites in the past year due to the template not working with J4..

I rebuilt the site design..  and used Migrate to bring everything over including menus and everything..   for VM  I purchased the plug in it was flawless.  and you can keep over writing it as needed...     also his support is great...  maybe a little confusing at first..  but not bad..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Ramon M

How can I contact DayCounts support? They only allow tickets after purchasing a product.

hotrod

Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Ramon M

And also have bought a product, because they ask for the order number.

hotrod

I don't know... maybe a presale question.  All I know I have used this 85 times and it was a walk in the part for me
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0