News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

virtuemart coupon not working on child categories

Started by barbara, April 07, 2023, 19:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbara

Hi

I`ve got a handful of parent Categories in the shop, each of which have several dozen sub categories.

The Parent Categories do not have products - they are all in the child 'sub' categories.

When setting a coupon i am hoping to be able to say coupon is good for 'Parent A' which should include all the products from the child subcategories of Parent A, but it appears VM is not recognizing the products in the child categories - getting 'invalid coupon' error for parent, coupon only works if I specify the Child - which is going to be a lot of work to go through and add all the child categories to each coupon.

Is there any way to set the coupon to recognize products from sub categories?

jenkinhill

In coupon configuration, for each top-level category coupon enter the applicable subcategory names in "Allowed Product Categories"
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dsrpmedia

so you do have to specifically select ALL the child categories?

that seems very onerous on a site with dozens of subcategories for each category - there is no way to simply set coupons to apply to products in sub categories?