News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Related Products + other Custom Field

Started by semen_123, February 16, 2023, 18:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semen_123

If I add similar (related) products to the main product, and then add data or files to the main product through custom fields, then the data of custom fields are displayed as many times in the product card as similar (related) products are added.
Why is this happening?
VirtueMart 3.8.9 10473

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

semen_123

Quote from: pinochico on February 16, 2023, 18:32:46 PM
template?

No, I think it's about the type, field_type = E

If you change the type with your hands in the database, then there are no duplicates.

semen_123

Screenshot.

I tried on different templates. The result is the same: the value of the custom field is displayed several times if there are related products

Moreover, data from different vmcustom plugins are duplicated: istraxx_download_simple or jkattachment

semen_123

Screenshots

this situation occurs when products "refer" to each other as Related Products

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 3.8.9 10473 is 2 years old now. I suggest you look at using the current VM 4.0.12 version rather than try to solve an issue in an old version:

http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1359/com_virtuemart.4.0.12.10777_package_or_extract.zip
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum