News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Proper Path To Rebuilding Sites To Joomla 4 And VM

Started by hotrod, December 10, 2022, 13:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod

I have 3 sites running VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472 that need to be upgraded to J4 and for now PHP 8   ( I did this 2 years ago to get to J3 )

I have to do rebuilds since I'm loosing the templates and Gantry I use also..

I am doing this with other sites NOT running VM using the Jmigrator with ease..

My question is what version... if any right now, should I install on a new J4 site.. that will take the Migration over.. ( I still have time )

Thank you.. I been searching and reading for a while.. and haven't found what I am looking for.

Rod
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

jenkinhill

Yesterday I updated a client site using VM3.8.8 10472 Jooml3.10.11  to the latest VM4.0.10 10767 on simply by installing the new VM file package in the Joomla extensions installer. Very simple and all worked fine afterwards. I turned on the new admin template and have one happy customer. He does not want to go to J4 yet, but I already know it works OK there.

Don't forget to test first!

http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1355/com_virtuemart.4.0.10.10767_package_or_extract.zip
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hotrod

Great  Thank you...  Yes  I will be rebuilding from the ground up on a dev site.. 
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0