News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Paypal plugin not working PHP 8.1

Started by jambo90210, September 19, 2022, 01:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jambo90210

Hi Guys

We were on PHP 7.4, now upgraded to PHP 8.1 and you cannot maintain the paypal setting, it just times out on J4 and just crashes with J3, not sure if you are aware of this, I checked the plugin and its the latest, we are also doing J4 testing, and that also has a problem when using php 8.1.

Worst was we had an odd thing happen the first time someone purchased something using paypal, it send emails to all the users (some multiple) email as below

An error with your payment method paypal on your store HSV Owners Club of WA - Merchandise . The details are logged in the file paypal.2.log.php

. The VirtueMart Team

Thanks

Trond

Hi
I believe my problem is similar, so maybe it has the same cause. My vps crashed a couple of weeks ago. It used to have php 7.3 and mysql 7-something. When my provider got it back up they upgraded everything to PHP 8.0.24 with mySQL 8.0.31
The past couple of weeks I have tried to reinstall my stores. The backups from mysql just fails, so I have been trying to install fresh, 4.2.3 and Virtuemart 4.0.4. I have tried other virtuemart 4 versions also.
I have only one other extension, plg_content_jw_ts_free_5.0.3, but it's not activated, so I don't think it has to do with that one.

When I try to create a shipping method or a payment method everything freezes for 20 seconds, then I get the error "Sorry there was a problem we could not recover from". I beleive that is a Joomla error. I noticed that the virtuemart tables in the database is CHARSET=utf8mb3 while the Joomla tables is CHARSET=utf8mb4. When I tried to install my old joomla 3.10.11 I got several errors saying I can not have tables with both utf8mb4 and utf8mb3, that's why I startet fresh with Joomla 4 and Virtuemart 4. Remembering the error from the old version I tried the virtuemart database tool that will upgrade to utf8mb4 but it doesn't work, so I changed all virtuemart tables manually to CHARSET=utf8mb4. Then I get a new error when I click New on a shipping method or payment method:
vmError: vmTable store updateObject Incorrect Integer value: "for column 'ordering' at row 1 UPDATE 'shop_virtuemart_paymentmethods' SET 'virtuemart_vendor_id'='1' , 'payment_jplugin_id'='232',payment_element'='standard','payment_params'='payment_currency'=\"\"|status_pending=\"\"|send_invoice_on_order_null=`\"\"

I don't know if this is the same problem as yours, but it seem likely to me that it's the same. Did you find any solution to this?  Or does anybody else know about it?

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Trond

Hi
I tried that one now, on a fresh install of Joomla 4.2.3, but the component does not show up in admin. When installing it said error Table shop_virtuemart_configs' doesn't exist. Failure to install the package.
Thank you. It was worth a try

Jörgen

Install over this install and if it goes through.
Sometimes things can rely loaded on old install information.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.