News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

"Ask question" no longer working

Started by bestcons, July 25, 2022, 17:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio 42

You have perhaps an error in your template override?
$.facebox javascript should not be in your product details page
This code
echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('askrecomjs',array('product'=>$this->product));
Load components\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\askrecomjs.php
And should autoload the right script
Because function loadPopUpLib detect from config
      if($fancy = VmConfig::get('usefancy',1)){
         self::fancybox();
      } else {
         vmJsApi::addJScript( 'facebox', false, true, false, false, '' );
         vmJsApi::css( 'facebox' );
      }

tehryn

I have the same issue here on this shop: https://www.skladoleju.cz/index.php/obchod/agip-arnica-s-46-biologicky-odbouratelny-olej-20l-detail.html (dotaz na product right bellow 24H image)

Disabling fancybox will solve the issue (not completely tho, I will be able to send a message, but I won`t be able to return back). I have no template overrides for virtuemart. My version is Virtuemart 4.0.12 and I am running Joomla 4.3.3

dudley389

This issue has been going on for over a year now.
J4 and VM ver 4 still does not work.!!
Surly there is a fix for this by now.!!!

Getting really frustrated with VM

jenkinhill

Ask a question is still working fine for me.

Joomla 4.3.4   VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dudley389

Is a paid membership the only way we can get access to VM ver. 4.2.4??
If so it is fine.  I would say that most of us in the Joomla community would be more than willing to pay for this......... it would just be nice to know what the deal is.!!!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dudley389

Ok 'Dud"

Among all the bla-bla in the news item I can see that VM simply worked itself into a financial corner. 

I have been using VM for years and could not understand why it was free.!!  It should never have been so....... If you give someone something for free it will never be appreciated.... additionally, if you do something well never do it for free.

I will certainly be signing up for a membership as I am a real fan of VM.  It is easy to create your own views and product detail pages... and the like.

Thanks for responding.

dudley389

I have purchased a VM Membership and installed VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
My system is running Joomla 4.3.4   VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922 and php 8.1.22

The Ask a Question form is still not posting.!

ViPeS

The reason may be the site template.
My template had "The Ask a Question form" from an old version of VM and errors appeared in the form fields.
After replacing the old form with the form from VM 4.2.4 10922 everything worked.
VM 4.2.6 10972, Joomla 4.4.4, PHP 8.1.13