News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom fields sort does't work [J4]

Started by hazael, June 27, 2022, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazael

It is possible to move the fields manually. Unfortunately, after saving (the "save order" button) nothing changes.

Joomla 3.10.10
Virtuemart 4.0.2

Milbo

I doubt you want to order that. It is just the ordering within a group of customfields. We may could use it for an ordering of the customfield dropdown in the product edit, that could make sense.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hazael

Hi Milbo,

This is not a priority for me. But if sorting custom fields has been added, why doesn't it work?

Generally I use Virtuemart to sell house designs (architecture / construction). It is not a typical online store with a shopping cart and a product image.
I have several dozen custom fields for a single product. they are easier to fill in if they have been sorted before - I don't have to search through the whole list.
A similar chaos is with displaying custom fields on the front page so I had to modify the template files to sort it out.

Besides this topic, in Virtuemart I miss a category for pictures very much. I display the pictures in several places on the product page divided into: building visualizations, building facades, building plans, situations, sections, etc.
Currently on my side, all images are categorized by style names after modifying the default template. It all works
but it's still not a convenient solution.
It is good for Virtuemart to be an unrivaled and versatile sales system, instead of a typical basket with products that are abundant in the network.