News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What to files exactly to upload into your Joomla site

Started by Mylène, October 23, 2021, 12:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mylène

In the install instructions is says to download the latest version. Then to unzipp it to a separate folder on your local pc.
Next you upload into the back end of your Joomla!:
1. com_virtuemart.3.x.y.zip - which holds the main VirtueMart component.
2. com_virtuemart.3.x.y_ext_aio.zip - which holds all modules and plugins essential for VirtueMart.
3. com_tcpdf_1.0.0.zip - which holds the TCPDF plugin essential for VirtueMart.

In the original zip file there is also:
pkg.virtuemart (an XLMdocument)
schrip.vmpackage.php
vmadmin (a zip file)
vmbeez3_3.4.2 (a zip file) 

What do I do with these? Do I upload and install them too? I would like to install the vmadmin, since I believe this is the new admin template. That would be step 4 then? Step 5 would be my translation package.

I use Joola! 3.10.2 with the Protostar template, I just downloaded VM 3.8.8.

jenkinhill

Easiest way is to install the whole com_virtuemart.3.8.8.10472_package_or_extract.zip

Open Joomla's Extensions - Install and in the Upload package file tab simply drag & drop the zip package into the upload box.

This is ideal for most people as it installs a complete working package including the VMBeez template which can be used for testing purposes when there is a problem with (for example) commercial template overrides. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum