News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payment info translation

Started by jesussuarez, June 11, 2021, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesussuarez

Hello.

I have a site with 4 languages. I'm using native translation system of Joomla. My version ofg Joomla is 3.9.27
My version of VM is 3.8.8

The problem is that VM don't save the translations that I enter in Payment info field (Configuration tab on Standard payment info). I can use only one language for all the languages of the site.
If I write Payment info in english, it remains in the rest of the languages and even if I change it in another language, the change is made for all.

I cannot define languages separately. Please, can you help me. Some idea of what's happening and how to solve it?

Thank you very much & Best regards :-)

Jörgen

Have You tried to use a language key ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jesussuarez

Can you explain me how to use language key please ?

Thank you very much

Jörgen

First you create a language key with the Joomla language manager. One instance for each language.
Key:  'CUSTOM_PAYMENT_DESCRIPTION'
Language en: This is my payment description
Language de: Das ist meine Zahlungsbeschreibung
etc

Then use the key instead of the description:

CUSTOM_PAYMENT_DESCRIPTION

No extra blanks or CR/LF should be included. If it does not work, you may have to override the payment template file.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jesussuarez

Ok. I'll probe it.

Thank you very much :-)

Jörgen

Hello again

I have tried this with the standard payment and is seem to work.

• Create a Language key with Joomla kanguage manager, for admin, and one for each language tickthe box use in both FE and BE.
    STANDARD_PAYMENT_INFO
  • Place the language key in the Payment information field, no tabs, no blanks, no extra characters

This is the text that is displayed for the payment after the order is confirmed.

From what I can see does this not work for the Payment description field that is used in the check out.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x