News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

High load after updating from 3.8.6 to 3.8.9

Started by FrankHF, May 04, 2021, 20:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankHF

Hi,

We tried updating our Joomla 3.9.25 / Virtuemart 3.8.6 install to Joomla 3.9.25 (or .26, same results) with Virtuemart 3.8.9.

While in our test environment this all worked fine, when we update our (busy) live environment, the load creeps to 100% on our (shared) hosting platform, and after some time the database crashes, restarts and keeps on 'rebooting'. The site is unreachable, throws HTTP500 errors and the 'generic' ERROR in topleft. Once we disable the website in Joomla, and no further requests are made to virtuemart, the load becomes normal again and we can navigate the site again.

At the moment we push a backup back to the live environment, the website becomes responsive again too.

I've asked our webhost if they are able to find any errors on the FS / Database.

We use:
PHP: 7.4.16
MySQL: 5.5.5-10.4.18-MariaDB-log-cll-lve
Joomla: 3.9.25
Virtuemart 3.8.6 to 3.8.9

tl;dr: High load after upgrading from 3.8.6 to 3.8.9. How come?

Thanks for any insight in how we can find the culprit. If any additional information is needed, please let me know. I havent seen any similar issues here, nor did i find anything on Google.

FrankHF

Hi,

We are still facing the same issue.

This is highly dependant on load. When i update on our test environment, without any visitors, the website stays snappy. When i use Siege to put 8 concurrent users on the site, the website slows down.

According to our webhoster the load is caused by high IO.

Anyone with suggestions?

FrankHF

We seemed to have narrowed it down to the template we use. Will update further findings.