News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

System keeps sending email notifications

Started by wicko, April 06, 2021, 11:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJC Web Design

QuoteYou cannot turn off IPN notifications via PayPal
-> correct

QuoteI have switched off the IPN check on my clients sites till a better solution is found
-> turn off the IPN check in the VM Paypal plugin .. not Paypal
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

wicko

Yep set check to No in the VM PayPal plugin and also turned off in PayPal. But still getting regular confirmation emails.

What appears to be happening is when I created a test order on the site it sent an email to confirm. But then when the order was refunder via PayPal it then sent a Refund confirmation. Then for some reason it then send a confirmed email again and then a refund. If in some kind of loop.

I made 3 test orders yesterday and got over 90 notifications and they are still going but slowing down.

Designing and maintaining Joomla websites since 2007

Jörgen

Sticking out my head right now, but I think you have to test without the CMSSmart checkout. It is a delicate plugin interaction that could give trouble if Your plugin does not make correct actions when called. All plugins are called and if some plugins take that call when it is adressed to someone else there will be trouble.

Otherwise there is some HTACCESS setting or setting doen by the host that blocks the return call to PalPal.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

wicko

I have full control over the htaccess. I use Akeeba Admin tools.
I have added
components/com_virtuemart/notify_preorder.php
components/com_virtuemart/notify.php

the the exceptions.

originally it had
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/notify.php
Lets see if that make any difference
Designing and maintaining Joomla websites since 2007

AH

QuoteLook into any plugins you have - shipping - payments - cmsmart

The base VM paypal system does not continually send an email on a confirmed payment

April 9th and still we have no progress
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0