News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Loading Admin product page is very slow

Started by pellegrinoL, March 19, 2021, 16:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pellegrinoL

Hi all,

I am using Joomla 3.9.25 and VM  3.8.6 10373, and since the Joomla! 3.9.24 I have noticed that loading admin product page is very slow, the rest of the website is quite fast as usual. How can I restore this page speed?

Thanks

jenkinhill

I see no difference between Joomla versions. How many products are being loaded per page?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

The page can be slow, if you have many categories.

pellegrinoL

Thanks for answering.

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 20, 2021, 11:57:48 AM
I see no difference between Joomla versions. How many products are being loaded per page?
in the admin page I have 30 products each page

Quote from: Studio 42 on March 20, 2021, 16:17:06 PM

Best
In the web site there are 76 categories/subcatogories

GJC Web Design

is the page "waiting" for some external resource etc?  analysis the network tab of the inspector
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pellegrinoL

Quote from: GJC Web Design on March 22, 2021, 14:29:55 PM
is the page "waiting" for some external resource etc?  analysis the network tab of the inspector

Sorry but what does it mean, may you give me an example of external resource?  thanks for answering

Clonners

I faced a similar issue and it was caused by browser autocomplete and cookies. All of this is easy to clean up so that there is no problem. You can use a different browser. You can also use Onion Over VPN to enter the admin panel from a separate IP.

[edit removed link]

pinochico

Quoteis the page "waiting" for some external resource etc?  analysis the network tab of the inspector

Is the start point for your study - search on google and youtube, what is

inspector browser
analyse network tab

There is not right place for explanation. I think

After your study is final, then you understand what do you need find - all external or slow call.
Be independent and don't wait for everything on the tray.

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

pellegrinoL

MAny thanks for your help, the issue was due to a plugin.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Milbo

Quote from: Studio 42 on March 20, 2021, 16:17:06 PM
Nooo,.... this was a problem years ago. We have since,.. vm3.2 or so the ajax category tree loader.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member