News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Extension for automatic product image resize/crop/add white space?

Started by stawebnice, March 11, 2021, 15:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stawebnice

Hi guys,

please is there some VM extension that would automatically create acceptable product image even if imported images are of different sizes/resolutions and DIMENSIONS?

It is also impossible to get some standard of image for XML feed product import - customer sells fishing gear and he gets images like 1700x150 px for fishing rods, and then another products have portrait images like 1200x600px which results in awful
design on eshop...

Is there something that could create preset squares/rectangles based on VM settings and add white or transparent / space to those?

PRO

Irfanview thumbnails desktop can do whole folders of images in batches.

pinochico

not for mac
not for instalation on linux server

So if you are already thinking about a desktop application (even though it was probably not the original query), then photoshop with a programmed action connected to the source files folder in a so-called batch would probably be advantageous.

But he would definitely be able to program a shell script using the GD library of the apache server linked to an import application that retrieves images from an external XML file.
For example, program this extension for the Product Import for Virtuemart application.

We once programmed a similar plugin to import images into EasyVirtueMart 1.19 for J15 from a consumer electronics retailer's data warehouse.

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

You can import images from a URL  using a csv in my component Vm Be Pro.
It's possible to extend the resize on import using a PHP library, of course i need to code this part.

pinochico

QuoteIt's possible to extend the resize on import using a PHP library, of course i need to code this part

of course patrick, is no mather which component is used for import (our or your), definitelly need add part for resize/add white by php or GD library from server - as I wrote, isn't it :) ?
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

Yes, it need to be coded, but i can certainly do it directly on after upload, depending a field in the CSV for eg.
If the images are public urls, it do not need to run after a shell script

pinochico

ok, resume for Petra :)

Plugin not exist, must be create it and must be cooperating with app for import.