No answer on ticket support from Istraxx : i post here my issue (

Started by chabi01, March 01, 2021, 12:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chabi01

Hi Everybody,
I have an issue with a plugin bought on the site : Package size.
https://extensions.virtuemart.net/product/products/package-size-detail

I post here as I dont get any support for this plugin bought some days ago and I need to use it.
The plugin seems to be buggy (is this the reason why I dont get answer ??)
I have solved some part of my issue, but i did not found all the solution : if somebody knows this plugin, i will appreciate some help (I have the feeling to have been tricked as I pay for this and did not get any support despite the text "12 monthes support". Very disappointed as I was thinking this was serious..).

I copy paste the ticket with all what I see as issue and the solution I have found by myself, I have just removed some non valuable parts.

If some good soul could help me on this, i will be very gratefull.

Thanks,
Xavier

Ticket code: TDILE93TD9
Ticket status:   New - Close Ticket
Date Added: 2021-02-24 19:38:21
Last update: 2021-02-24 19:38:21
Last replier:   ---
Category: iStraxx - Package Size
Customer website:    http://biosource2020.xlcrea373030.com/produits/etancheite/adhesifs-colles-primaires/prodtestxavier-1-detail.html
VirtueMart Version:    VM-3.8.x
Joomla Version:    joomla 3.9.x

Date: 2021-02-24 19:38:21

Just bought your plugins :)

I need some explanation, check my screenshot attachment compared to my site.

1. Even if i change the Width of input field, no change on the page, this is always the same size.

2. I have added a Unit (m2 in this example) but i dont see it in the page also ?

3. I can see I have a support for a site : this is the development site right now (biosource2020.xlcrea373030.com/) but the site will be on line at the end on xxxxxxxxxx. I need to attach then the support not on the dev site but on the final name of the site of course.

Thanks for your support,
Xavier

Date: 2021-02-25 16:47:01

Also, please modify the quantity and see what happen one some value : i get around 10 or 12 decimals !!

Thanks for your help,
Xavier

Date: 2021-03-01 11:28:28
I really need support here ! Please help !

Xavier

Date: 2021-03-01 12:29:18
As i cant get answer from you, I have tried to fix and I have just found some "solutions" as this is not solving the bug in your plugin, just finding a way to get something working.

In default.php, you "forgot" to add the unit value as text : this cannot be shown obviously !
I have added a call after the value of the input.
The size of the input is not included in the params, i have added the width directly in the code also

2 issues are remaining :
1 - I have the value shown with the english dot : i need the comma instead.
2 - for some values, despite the param fixed to 2 digits, i have sometimes 8 or 10 number shown after the point ! I add to hide this extra decimals with the size of the input, not very clean...

My change to your code :

<input id="<?php echo $class.$viewData[0]->virtuemart_customfield_id ?>" type="text" value="<?php echo $this->params->min ?>" size="<?php echo $this->params->size ?>" name="<?php echo $name ?>" style="width:48px;">
<span style="font-weight: bold;font-size: 16px;"><?php echo $this->params->unit?></span>

Thanks to answer me for all this : I was thinking with 48 euros i get a working plugin, but I have to partially modify your code to get something "buggy".

Thanks for your answer, this is still quite urgent...

Xavier