News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[3.8.9] admin template: Way too spacious

Started by EvanGR, February 19, 2021, 12:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanGR

I checked the new vmadmin template (beta, from VM 3.8.9.10473)

It looks good, but suffers from one major flaw: everything is way too big and takes more space than it needs to.

Compared with the current template, on a 1920x1080 monitor, here is a rough comparison on what information is visible above the fold, for the same product.

Current vmadmin:
Products page, products visible: 10
Custom Fields for a product: Visible until the 2nd row of photos in Related Products. (the whole page is 1891 pixels in height)

New vmadmin template:
Products page, products visible: 7
Custom Fields for a product: Visible only up to the title of Related Products. (the whole page is 3094 pixels in height)

(note: if the product contains a lot of custom fields, the size difference between the two templates becomes even greater)

A challenge of any admin interface is to pack as much (useful) info as possible, in the least amount of space, while being easy to view and navigate.

The previous/current template, strikes a good balance at that. (In fact, I would prefer it be even more compact!)

The new template, makes the existing stuff larger and takes more space.

Thanks!

alatak

Hello

Yes, I  agree with you.
I will make some changes.

EvanGR