News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

SOLVED: Category is "Sticky" is Joomla Menu problem

Started by scottstreet, February 19, 2021, 02:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottstreet

site is biotechequipmentsales.com Joomla 3.9.24 VM 3.8.8.10472 PHP 7.3

Click the store to go to "Equipment for Sale" page
Click a category, click a product

Try to return to the "Equipment for Sale" page (category list), it only returns back to the category you selected before. You actually can't escape that category once you have selected it.

I have tried to eliminate any cache of any type anywhere in Joomla or VM. No luck. HELP!

scott

pinochico

Hmmm, yes your click and click is saved to cookie
After delete cookie, then click on the menu Equipment for Sale show subcategories again.

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

Looks like a Joomla menu issue. The link to "Equipment for sale" should be a VM category layout link to Top level category.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

scottstreet

jenkinhill - UK Web Developer & Consultant - Global Moderator - Super Hero

All I can say is I bow down in great respect to jenkinhill who earned his SUPER HERO badge today!!!

That suggestion fixed it and I have been struggling with this problem for months.

Super frustrating when you love Joomla and love VM and get tripped up like this.

Thank you everyone! But especially jenkinhill !!!

jenkinhill

You are welcome. Not all fixes are that easy to identify!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum