News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shop vendor other than siteadmin

Started by btseppo, December 03, 2020, 12:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btseppo

Hi,

I place this thread at installation -category as this issue appears after installation, while still configuring VirtueMart.

I set up the Joomla and Virtuemart for another person.
After insalling virtuemart, I edit the Shop (Shop -> Shop), and it does not allow to save unless fields at "Shopper information" are filled. If I fill there the correct information, it will overwerite the admin-account with that info (new Joomla, only admin there at the moment).
So this obviously was not right. I went to Joomla to change it back as it was supposed to be.

I was about to create another shopper from VM (Orders & Shoppers -> Shoppers) but there isn't any "new" button, so I need to create new uyer from Joomla. So I did.
Then, back to VM, to Shop -setup. It was filled still with admin info, so I changed them to new user info. When saving, got error: vmError: Registration failed: Username in use.
That was obvious since I had to create it before adding it to VM as explained above.

OK, I recall that somehow user needs to be marked as vendor, so I went to Orders & Shoppers -> Shoppers, clicked the new user. It takes me to "Shopper Information" with emails and username of admin account prefilled, not this new user. So I press cancel, and check the other one, actual admin account. This takes me to shop-configuration page, at Shoppper information tab - with the admin account details prefilled.

This is most confusing: How can one setup certain user as the "shop owner" -user, other than pageadmin who is just taking care of the site etc technical?

I find no logic in there, but I must be missing something. I checked the manual etc, but they just show images of that page (shop->shop->shopper information) with admin details, and the textual information does not give any further info of in which order or how should one setup a shop owner there..

So how do I setup another Joomla account as shop owner?

GJC Web Design

I don't really foloow your question but what I do is:

as tech/builder I am a Joomla superadmin - during install I will be designated as shop owner

I also make the new shop owner a J superadmin , then complete the reg process in the VM shopper
then in vm tools assign that id as shop owner
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

btseppo

OK thanks. Seems there is 2 ways to do that. I didn't see that place at Tools at first and almost missed it even after reading your answers, but for ones looking for it, it is the one input box after large buttons in DB Tools tab.

The other way I found:
Seems that the admin cannot do if for the shop owner, but the shop owner needs to do it themselves. Or admin through using their account.

While that works, it is a bit odd, as many shop owners do not know much about tech and ask for someone to do it for them instead. Like GJC and jenkinhill pointed out, there is a "transfer ownership" -thingie at Tools, but I found no mentioning it in the manuals, or in the info-boxes VM shows up when setting things up. 

If devs are reading this, a suggestion for future versions: put a simple dropdown to shop -config, where admin can select the shopowner. Much easier if it is at the same place where you need to set it in the first place, and without need to look for the id of that user separately.

Anyway, thanks!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum