News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Orders log, besides the database?

Started by EvanGR, August 03, 2020, 09:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanGR

We have a weird server issue: sometimes when the server is highly overloaded (with bulk product imports/exports), the new VM orders appear blank, without user details... and it requires a server restart to fix.

Is there a secondary log to these orders, that we may hope to get the full details?

At least if we can contact the customers who created the blank orders, we may be able to salvage the situation.

Jörgen

As far as I know there are no backup transactions. You have to check the userinfo items in database and see if there are any items without order index number.
If there are, you may use the transaction time and compare with "blank" orders.

It is hard to protect against an server overload without data losses and chances are that You do not have enough data stored to make a recovery.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AH

More explanation needed - is the data there and just not being show until you restart ?

Therefore, no idea what you mean by "secondary log"

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

EvanGR

Update... it seems after server restart, the blank orders (or some of them) show up correctly with the user details filled in... EDIT: nope... the blank orders still remain blank.

On another system I had worked on (developer), when handling transactions, I would make a secondary raw storage of each transaction (JSON to a log file or a simple database table).
Just in case the primary system somehow failed.

Thank you all.