News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

DHL - Shipping with automated Labels

Started by sprachrohr, July 08, 2020, 17:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprachrohr

Hello,

does anybody know a shipping plugin for DHL which automated generates Shipping -Labels? It would be perfect if it also integrates a tracking id in ordermail.
The only plugin i can see is the Plugin from webkul. But it has only the DHL-Express API implemented.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your answers!

Best regards!

loppan

If you happen to use Unifaun as your TM to create the labels, this integration works fine :

https://extensions.joomlapro.com/product/virtuemart-unifaun-shipment-plugin

I use it myself :).

Unifuan's API Connect is a little pricey though, but extremely convenient.

I actually bought webkul's Dhl plugin a while ago. At that point they didn't mention it was only for DHL Express (which I don't use). Got a refund at least so all good there.

Cheers

sprachrohr

thanks for your answer, but i have to search a solution for the german market. I dont think Unifuan suits this.

But anyway, thanks a lot!

loppan

That's right - I looked into it and Unifaun is still only available in the Nordic countries (+ Poland actually) - my bad.

So how do you create the labels as of now? Using DHL Multishipper? As far as I know, there is no integration available between VM and DHL Multishipper.

That's why I went for Unifaun instead, which basically just is a Transport Management system (so I can create all my labels from there for all shipping carriers I use).

Maybe there is an equivalent to Unifaun available in Germany? And if you're lucky there's a VM integration available for that :).

Best

Peter

pinochico

We use Balikobot (component for Virtuemart), maybe is the same as Unifaun, but we can use on holly europe for 18 shipment company (https://www.balikobot.cz/sluzby) :)
This component automatically create labels with EAN, PDF shipment list, tracking link for every shipment in email for customer, declaration for shipping into Swiss, Russia, Ukrain and a lot of more function.
We have 8 eshop and staff every day working only max 1 hour (before use balikobot - 5-6 hours daily)

But I don't think so, that you create agreement with Czech Transport Management company.

I think you must find next again
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

loppan

Yes, as far as me and auto-translate can tell, Balikobot is also a Transport Management System just like Unifaun.

Quote from: pinochico on July 09, 2020, 17:19:38 PM
We have 8 eshop and staff every day working only max 1 hour (before use balikobot - 5-6 hours daily)

Yeah, I know what you're saying - a good TMS integrated with VM + a professional industrial standard label printer changed my life completely :D.

There must be good alternatives in Germany also. The plugin I use is very simple, for each confirmed order it sends the customer data + chosen shipping method to Unifaun, where I can either print the label with one click or set it to print automatically. Saves a lot of valuable time :).

sprachrohr

thanks for all your answers. So i have to search for something similar in Germany.

loppan

Quote from: sprachrohr on July 10, 2020, 08:37:34 AM
thanks for all your answers. So i have to search for something similar in Germany.

That would be my recommendation yeah :). The other option as I see it would be to develop a plugin that can communicate with DHL Multishipping, but if you ask me the interface of Multishipping isn't that great... I escaped it almost immediately :).

In Sweden we have several options but Unifaun is probably the biggest one. These services go by many names, TM (Transport Management), TA (Transport Administration) or DM (Delivery Management) Systems. See if you can find one in Germany that connects with Virtuemart.

As far as I know, there's no other way to automate the label making process :).

Best

Peter