Main Menu

Registration with first_name, mail, password

Started by salvoelle, May 26, 2020, 02:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvoelle

Hi everyone,
Joomla! 3.9.18
VirtueMart 3.8.0 10319.

I need to register users by entering first_name, mail, password and password confirmation as mandatory data.
I use "System - VP One Page Checkout", with this plugin new users regularly register with first_name, email, password and password confirmation, but when they register using the joomla / virtuemart form, it gives me an error as it lacks the "name".
In addition, I cannot enter the acceptance of the Privacy, in the joomla / virtuemart registration form.
I hope I was clear.

How can I solve ??? Thanks in advance for the help

AH

Talk directly to the VP planet plugin developers, I believe they have a query ticket system

This is not the support forum for their paid products
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

salvoelle

Hello, I apologize, I have been unclear in explaining my problem.
For the needs of my shop I need to register the user by entering only first_name, email, password. How can I proceed to avoid errors and proceed with registration without entering the name and username.

I thank you in advance for your help

GJC Web Design

This is a question for Joomla.. the Joomla registration form has nothing to do with VM..

first_name has nothing to do with Joomla's Username  - there are plugins available to use email as username in the Joomla registration -- Richey Web do one

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/authentication-email/
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

You can copy name using javascript and hide the fields
Or simply use email + password and copy email in all fields excluded password.

salvoelle

GJC Web Design, Studio 42
thanks for your contribution, both solutions I had already examined, I wanted to continue on the second by copying the email entered by the user on all the necessary fields. But I got lost.
Could you help me write the code ??

Studio 42

You nedd to hide using CSS rules and add a javascript to copy on change from email field to other fields.
I have see the code in the forum for some months.

salvoelle

Guys I think I did, tell me how it seems to you as a solution:
I edited a few lines of the following php file .../components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/edit_address_userfields.php

To make the "name" field disappear I replaced from line 103 to 112

ORIGINAL CODE

<tr title="<?php echo strip_tags($descr) ?>">
               <td class="key"  >
                  <label class="<?php echo $field['name'] ?>" for="<?php echo $field['name'] ?>_field">
                     <?php echo $field['title'] . ($field['required'] ? ' <span class="asterisk">*</span>' : '') ?>
                  </label>
               </td>
               <td>
                  <?php echo $field['formcode'] ?>
               </td>
            </tr>

NEW CODE

<tr title="<?php echo strip_tags($descr) ?>" <?php if ($field['name']=="name") {echo 'style=display:none;';};?> >
               <td class="key"  >
                  <label class="<?php echo $field['name'] ?>" for="<?php echo $field['name'] ?>_field">
                     <?php echo $field['title'] . ($field['required'] ? ' *' : '') ?>
                  </label>
               </td>
               <td>
                  <?php echo $field['formcode'] ?>
               </td>
            </tr>

At the end I inserted (line 127) a JS that allows me to derive the "name" field from the field that the user compiles "first_name"

<script type="text/javascript">
var $j = jQuery.noConflict();   //avoid conflict with other libraries

$j('#first_name_field').change(function () {             
   var reg_user = $j('#first_name_field').val();   //set first_name value inside variable
    $j('#name_field').val(reg_user);            //assign variable value to name
});
</script>

To work I have enabled, from the Virtuemart user fields, the "name" field

...I forgot !!! Compared to my initial needs, now I have entered the username visible and mandatory, as it facilitates user management in other parts of the site

How do you think the solution adopted?

Studio 42

It's easier to add an ID to the main container :
<tr title="<?php echo strip_tags($descr) ?>" id="<?php echo $field['name'] ?>_container">
Then add in the CSS file
#name_container,#XXX_container{
display:none;
}
XXX is another container to hide for eg.