News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Is there a Way or an Extension to downlad all Store products as a PDF catalog?

Started by CDCG, December 17, 2019, 19:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDCG

Hi, I want to be able to export the products into a PDF catalog.  Is there a way to do this or is there an extension?  I haven't found anything.  Thanks in advance.

Studio 42

You have https://extensions.refactory-project.com/sprint/sprint-4-0 but It really render poor, i modified the template system for a customer that wanted a more advanced render.
You need more then 2 go PHP memory for 500 products with images, if i'm remember right, so if you dont have dedicated server, it's hard to print a big product catalog.

AH

Agreed studio42

I used sprint 4 -
Had to heavily customise the code and layout to make a presentable PDF for customer consumption
The performance was slow and I ended up creating the PDF on a local version of my site rather than in live
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

CDCG

Thanks for your inputs.  Sounds like this is a challenge for Virtuemart and its extension developers. 

PRO

Are you wanting each product page as a single PDF page?

Its a lot easier code to export the products in a CSV format, and then save as PDF.