News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Started by Ch3vr0n, November 19, 2019, 20:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ch3vr0n

Newbie here to virtuemart. I always like to setup things first solo as much as i can as i'm a quick study.

Now, can't get this "self-done" and couldn't find it in the docs.

Setup: Minimalist webshop with products "ON ORDER ONLY". Virtuemart 3.6.8 b10197

Couple questions, (likely more later

- How to display root "product" category with variants (EG Main category on category view called "Chairs", when the user clicks on "Chairs" either all variants are shown as individual products, with matching image OR variants are selected by dropdown or something where changing the variant updates the shown image)
- Where to set Shop vendor address. (The shop currently only has 1 joomla account, thus Superuser) and can't find where to set the shop address for invoice. Multi-Vendor setup is NOT wanted
- Placed test order as SU, no mail sent to shop owner confirming order, nor customer confirmation

Studio 42

Chekc in back-end>virtuemart>shop and fill the adress

Ch3vr0n

I did "Shopper information", under "shipment address" that adds an alternate shipping address for MY account (visible during checkout). Maybe that's the place where you set the shop address but that's making the assumption that the logged in superuser is also the website owner / shop owner. That's not the case here.

It shouldn't be this hard to set a fixed shop address

"Vendor tab" > no shop address possible
"Invoices tab" > no shop address possible
"Shopper info" > "Shipment address" > ALTERNATE shipping address for MY SU account. I'm not the shop owner or delivery destination
Configuration > all tabs > No shop address configuration

Emails still arent working either.

Order status on the backend sais

Date Added    Shopper Notified?    Order Status    
Woensdag, 20 november 2019 18:52    No   Pending   
Woensdag, 20 november 2019 18:52    Yes   Pending

The e-mails apparently arent sent out at the moment until they are confirmed manually. Where do i configure to automatically confirm an order and NOT set it as pending. Also found out due to this an invoice is automatically issued and test orders are NOT deleteable. Since these are test orders until shop configuration is set up right, can this be bypassed? (database table edit?)

Tried http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=139995.0 but i cant see the setting to disable invoice issuing. I click on "Confirmed" but there's nowhere to disable invoice creation. There's just an invoice icon, but that's it

If the address issue gets sorted, i still need to get product variants working

Studio 42

Create a extra Joomla user, if you dont want use same account and change all vendors informations as you need for this user.
You can be super user and set another user as vendor/shop owner.
You can change vendor user id(joomla id) in virtuemart > migration tools