'Ask a question' form submission email with 'reply-to' submitter option

Started by sagaranvekar, November 11, 2019, 19:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagaranvekar

Hello,

Joomla : 3.9.13
Vm: 3.4.2

Website is in catalog mode. So, when a user hits 'Ask a question' button & submits form, the mail is received by vendor is with 'from' & 'to' set to vendor's mail. So, if vendor wants to reply to user's question received via mail, he cannot directly reply it. So, where can I add 'reply-to' field to this mail with submitter mail id ?

I know, we cannot change 'from' as submitter mail as spamfilters on majors hosts will reject mails those are not associated with domain name. So, alternative option is to use 'reply-to'.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

jenkinhill

Works just fine with me, both as normal shop and catalogue. I'm using VirtueMart 3.6.8 10197 with default VM templates. I do remember that what you describe was a bug that was fixed many versions ago.  Do you have old template overrides that need updating?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sagaranvekar

@jenkinhill Thank you very much for you reply.

I do have template override, but the override is for product details page but not for mails. Also, the override is created using Vm 3.4.2 files.
Not sure what i am missing if this issue was resolved.

jenkinhill

There have also been some issues reported by users with old VM versions after updating Joomla to 3.9   Sounds like an upgrade of VM to current may be helpful, on a backup of the live site, of course.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sagaranvekar

Website was not updated from older versions of vm. It was Vm 3.4.2 from beginning. But, yes, i will try after updating website. May be it will sort this issue out. Thank you very much for your suggestion @jenkinhill