News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved]update 3.6.8 10197 the categories and products do not change language

Started by elanto75, November 08, 2019, 15:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanto75

Hello,
after updating to VirtueMart 3.6.8 10197 when I change the language from the menu on the site side, everything is translated except for the categories and product names. Help!

Jörgen

Have You translated the categories and the product names ?

An URL would be nice :)

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

elanto75

Quote from: Jörgen on November 08, 2019, 15:15:52 PM
Have You translated the categories and the product names ?

An URL would be nice :)

Hello,
They are all translated into 5 languages is a B2B and has been in production for several years now if you want I can send you a private message with user and password

Link: https://b2b.maglificioliliana.com/

elanto75

I noticed that for the categories and product names the browser language is taken and the language change menu is not considered.

Can someone help me?
Thanks

Studio 42

Have you set 1 item menu>virtuemart>category for each shop language?

elanto75

elanto75

I do not understand,
everything seems to be configured correctly but after updating the categories and product name do not change language instead the descriptions change correctly.
Please help

Studio 42

Sorry, but you need to hire someone to debug or give full access to your site, this is not a support center but we can help if we can quick fix it.
In your case, the problem is strange and never reported, so can be a server cache or something specific to your template or config.

giosto

hi, the same thing is happening to me too, just after updating to version 3.6.8 10197 the language does not change anymore. This happens in a site that has always worked and only in the part concerning virtuemart that is correctly translated.
Giovanni.

elanto75

Quote from: giosto on November 11, 2019, 15:43:59 PM
hi, the same thing is happening to me too, just after updating to version 3.6.8 10197 the language does not change anymore. This happens in a site that has always worked and only in the part concerning virtuemart that is correctly translated.
Giovanni.

I also don't know what to do to fix this, I hope someone can help us solve the problem.

giosto

activating debug it seems that the language of virtuemart is no longer changed.

1 vmdebug 2 Languages, default shoplanguage (VmConfig::$jDefLang): it_it it-IT Selected VM language (VmConfig::$vmlang): it_it it-IT SEF: it $lfbs =

even if I'm constantly changing the language from Italian to English, debugging ALWAYS reports Italian.

Again, everything worked fine before virtuemart was updated.

Jörgen

Are You using breakdesigns custom fields for all ?

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jjk

I can't reproduce that language problem. In my case VirtueMart 3.6.8 10197 language switching always loads all translated elements in the selected language.

@elanto75
When I clicked on one of the brands on the login page you linked above, my Firefox inspector initially showed many javascript errors (probably cloud loading problems).
Perhaps clearing all cache files helps.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

elanto75

Quote from: jjk on November 11, 2019, 21:07:31 PM
I can't reproduce that language problem. In my case VirtueMart 3.6.8 10197 language switching always loads all translated elements in the selected language.

@elanto75
When I clicked on one of the brands on the login page you linked above, my Firefox inspector initially showed many javascript errors (probably cloud loading problems).
Perhaps clearing all cache files helps.

I did what you said but nothing changed

Studio 42

For other users having this problem.
The bug was because a plugin loaded the vmconfig before the language was set.
So reording the system plugin so Joomla language plugin is loaded first should solve the bug.