News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Old Image comes back

Started by Ceesdu, November 04, 2019, 08:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceesdu

Hey,

I have a problem, I delete a photo in products, and want to replace it with the same photo but without the text in the photo. I removed the old photo with MEDIA FILES. Whatever I do, I always get the old photo back. When I look at images, products, the correct photo is there. What can I do?

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Ceesdu

Studio 42

have you deleted the thumb file too ?
If you use the same name, the old thumb is not regenerated and you see the old one.
Another problem can be the .htaccess rules or cloudflare cache

Ceesdu

I had deleted the thumbnails at the same time. In htaccess is nothing changed, and I do nothing with cloudflare

Jörgen

What do you mean "without the text". Is the text in the photo? If you are trying to upload a new photo with three same name there seems to be issues. Delete the old photo first and upload again.
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Ceesdu

Hi Jorgen,
In de photo is a site name, I don't want that so I deleted those photos with media files and uploaded in products new ones with the same name. After that the old photo is back now two weeks ago I don't get them out. Even when I delete them and a day later put new they are back

Jörgen

An image can not return by itself, the image is stored on the site, if you replace the image it will be replaced. If You have some automatic cron job that restores the images I would understand. Delete the image from the site, it is not stored in any database, delete also the thumbnails and recreate. This should fix it. Otherwise it is time to perform an excorcism on the site :)

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Ceesdu

I'm afraid it's an exorcism, I have deleted all, it makes me crazy. when I change the name that works I get the good picture with another name. when I delete that picture and take the one with the right name that works, but it's crazy to work in that way. I have no cron jobs.

Jörgen

Have you deleted the actual file not a vm media item referring to an image file ?
If you have upload with joomla media manager a new image with the previous name. Or even better overwrite the files through an ftp upload with new files that have the same name as the old ones.
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Ceesdu

I will try and shall upload with FTP those files and let you know. Thank you so much

Ceesdu

I was hopeful but it didn't work I send you a screen dump where you can see that the name is still in the picture. When I download the picture from image files in virtuemart on-site that all is OK I send the original file also.

Jörgen

If You have replaced the file on Your site, the correct file will be visible. Clearing cache in JOOMLA, BROWSER and other cache software you have on your website will remove the image you see from the product view in back end. Otherwise You have not overwritten the correct image. You should also empty the resized directory to force VM to recreate thumbnails. Cache may give you this weird effect, but it will not last, the cache does not rewert your file upload, that is not how cache works. Clearing all the cache will make your changes come through.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Studio 42

Or siply send a link, so we can test.

Ceesdu

Hi Jorgen,

The problem is the Chrome web browser, in explorer is all OK. I have tried to clear the browser history in Chrome that won't work. for me no problem then I use Explorer.

Thank you so much for your help, best wishes Cees and La-ong Duijndam Roi et Thailand