News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

upgrade error to 3.6.0

Started by sergobrovar, September 10, 2019, 12:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergobrovar

Hello
After updating virtualmart to 3.6.0, an error appeared in the product card when changing the language: Attention
404 - The requested product does not exist! And there is a transition to the category page of this product.
You can look at the attached files. I use Joomla 3.9.11 / PHP version 7.3.6. Help solve this, please

GJC Web Design

Quote404 - The requested product does not exist! And there is a transition to the category page of this product.

this is the standard workflow if u have "Enable VirtueMart 404 error handling" selected and VM can't find the product
was this selected before?
Are the products translated?
To debug switch this setting off and also look at the non sef urls..
Does it find it with SEF off?
Have you a fallback language selected?
And of course did it work before and upgraded from what version?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

sergobrovar

Quote from: GJC Web Design on September 10, 2019, 13:06:11 PM
Quote404 - The requested product does not exist! And there is a transition to the category page of this product.

this is the standard workflow if u have "Enable VirtueMart 404 error handling" selected and VM can't find the product
was this selected before?
Are the products translated?
To debug switch this setting off and also look at the non sef urls..
Does it find it with SEF off?
Have you a fallback language selected?

1) Description of products translated
2) disabling 404 errors in VirtueMart leads to page 404 when changing the language
3) Disabling SEF for cart links does not produce any result
4) Three languages are installed: English, Russian, Ukrainian (default). Store language selected Ukrainian

sergobrovar

Quote from: sergobrovar on September 10, 2019, 13:26:43 PM
Quote from: GJC Web Design on September 10, 2019, 13:06:11 PM

Previous version of virtemart 3.4.2

sergobrovar

Found that when switching the language the alias of the product does not change: virtemart does not see the translated product. Moreover, the category translates correctly. No language translation of products.

jjk

When I look at a Russian product description on your website and switch to Ukrainian, it goes to the Ukrainian category view. When I select the same product there, it correctly shows the Ukrainian description, despite the error message "404 The requested product does not exist". Note that the core VirtueMart doesn't associate languages on the product level. It goes back to the parent category for which it finds a menu item.

However, the Firefox Inspector, shows the following error:
The stylesheet http://site4.a-store.kyiv.ua/ua/ was not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
I guess this is a template issue.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

sergobrovar

Quote from: jjk on September 11, 2019, 10:54:44 AM
When I look at a Russian product description on your website and switch to Ukrainian, it goes to the Ukrainian category view. When I select the same product there, it correctly shows the Ukrainian description, despite the error message "404 The requested product does not exist". Note that the core VirtueMart doesn't associate languages on the product level. It goes back to the parent category for which it finds a menu item.

However, the Firefox Inspector, shows the following error:
The stylesheet http://site4.a-store.kyiv.ua/ua/ was not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
I guess this is a template issue.

Thanks, I'll try to figure it out

Milbo

I had this myself and was surprised but the reason in my case was simple.

There is the rule in vm, that the mainlanguage must be filled! In my case I was testing a german/english shop, shop language german, but I used the english language in the backend. When I created a new product the language was filled into the english tables, but the german ones were the default. Maybe you have the same problem?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sergobrovar

Quote from: Milbo on September 11, 2019, 14:47:59 PM

There is the rule in vm, that the mainlanguage must be filled! In my case I was testing a german/english shop, shop language german, but I used the english language in the backend. When I created a new product the language was filled into the english tables, but the german ones were the default. Maybe you have the same problem?

I tried to change the language backend - the same result. Created a new product - the same result. But virtemart 3.4.2 worked correctly. I will try to restore the backup from 3.4.2.

jjk

Two more ideas:
Does the error message disappear if you set 'Add Suffix to URL' to "No" in the Joomla configuration > SEO settings?
Do you have an htaccess.txt file renamed to .htaccess in your root folder?

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Milbo

Quote from: sergobrovar on September 11, 2019, 17:20:44 PM
There is the rule in vm, that the mainlanguage must be filled!

I tried to change the language backend - the same result. Created a new product - the same result. But virtemart 3.4.2 worked correctly. I will try to restore the backup from 3.4.2.

In my described case it does not help just to change the VM editing language in the VM backend. You must be sure that the main language is filled. So when you change the language in the BE per dropdown, the product name should be there. But actually, this behaviour is not new, so when you say it works in vm3.4.2 it must be something else.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sergobrovar

Quote from: jjk on September 11, 2019, 17:55:39 PM
Two more ideas:
Does the error message disappear if you set 'Add Suffix to URL' to "No" in the Joomla configuration > SEO settings?
Do you have an htaccess.txt file renamed to .htaccess in your root folder?

"Add suffix to URL" is set to "No" in the Joomla configuration> SEO settings - an error still appears.
And yes, the htaccess.txt file is renamed to .htaccess in the root folder.

sergobrovar

So, I returned to the version of virtuemart 3.4.2 - everything works correctly. I will stay with this version for now.

diri

IMHO it would be much better to have capability to choose (assign) language during editing data. Would make a multilingual shop much easier to handle especially when there are relativ small changes only.

Milbo

Quote from: diri on September 13, 2019, 17:56:40 PM
IMHO it would be much better to have capability to choose (assign) language during editing data. Would make a multilingual shop much easier to handle especially when there are relativ small changes only.

Isnt it that way? It is that way. Just that you must select it before entering the data, not after. AND your joomla language is the default, of course. The reason is, that you can change your default language and check the just one language of a store without changing the language all the time opening a product.