News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Error when update any joomla extension

Started by thefbi, August 08, 2019, 06:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefbi

What i dont understand is why when i will update another component not of VM, i have an error from VM ?!

StefanSTS

If the other extension is loading VmConfig or triggering some VM event, everything is possible.

For that you should say which extensions you use. Anything which makes calculation rules?

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

thefbi

Actually, the 2 extensions i have to update is VP One page checkout and Acymailing.
I have the error with both. I dont thing Acymailing have something to do with VM...

StefanSTS

Did you try to update manually via Joomla extension manager, core and aio?
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

fapi2

Hi thefbi, Tks for your replay.
I also have a test site, on which I did several tests, especially by changing the default language and the php version, with the downgrade up to 5, but without getting any results.
With Firefox's FireBug, looking at the error line, I find this message:

Request URL: https: //www.xxxxxxx.xxx/administrator/index.php? Option = com_installer & view = update
Request method: POST
Remote address: xxx.xxx.147.39: 443
Status code: 500
Version: HTTP / 2.0
Referrer Policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade

I think this 500 error is the cause, I keep doing tests, we keep up to date  ;)

thefbi

Quote from: StefanSTS on October 30, 2019, 21:23:08 PM
Did you try to update manually via Joomla extension manager, core and aio?
Hello, yes with manual update it work. It is only with automatic i have the problem.
I have talking to Milbo yesterday. We will find a solution for this problem.

fapi2

Hi all, i think I have found the Solution. In Plugins, find and disable Realex_hpp_api (Type vmuserfield). Then, all automatic update work correctly. I can't explain why, I used the "bruteforce" method by disabling the different plugins one at a time. I'd like to know if the solution is valid for the others, and why. Thanks !!

thefbi

Hello,
Milbo as resloved the problem. Pehaps it is ok in the release right now. I dont have tested yet.

StefanSTS

I tested the automatic update just now, and it worked for me.
It should work from now on again like expected.

It might not have been working earlier today. Please empty your caches too.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher

thefbi

I confirm that all work fine now. Thanks :)

fapi2

I correct myself: after having disabled the Plugin Realex_hpp_api (type vmuserfileld), just go to the "extension list" and clean the cache of all the extensions. I confirm that after this operation the Plugin can be re-enabled and the extensions can be updated automatically. The error "Call to a member function load () on null" no longer appears and the update operation is regularly performed. Finally I see that on this day when the dead are commemorated, this error also died, and we can commemorate it !!!  ;D ;D