News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping based on Manufacturer

Started by mohtashimj, July 10, 2019, 19:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohtashimj

Hello Team,

Can anyone please provide feedback on my below query.
For our online store, we need the shipping will apply based on product's manufacturer / brand ie if any user will select 3 different products which are from 3 different manufacturers then the shipping will apply 3 times ie suppose we have setup shipping cost $14.95 then for this example the shipping will apply 14.95*3 = $44.85.
And if any user will add 2 products which are of same manufactures then only $14.95 will apply at the final checkout page.
I am using Joomla 3.9.5 and Virtuemart 3.4.2 for the online store.

Please provide any solution for this.

Thanks in advanced.

mohtashimj

Anyone have any suggestions with my query??

AH

VM only charges on shipping charge per order

I know of no shipping that will consider each product by brand and accumulate a charge in the way you require
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

diri

My onliest idea at the moment would be kind of multi vendor:

Each label / manufacturer is a vendor for VM.

Played with something like this years ago to overcome limit of one category for manufacturers and to assign distibution points to related manufacturer ...

mohtashimj

Hi Diri, can you please share what you did to overcome this issue at your end??

Also is this possible in VM ??

Studio 42

Hi,
if this is not affiliate to another shipment , you can do your own shipment plugin based on manufacturers in the cart to do the right calculation.
Some devs here can do it(and me too)

diri

I had to solve several major problems in relation to several products and labels. To get an idea about it take manufacturers like Continental and Bosch, Shimano and Specialized, LG and Samsung, ... to have chance to find many categories and products in different branches.

1. Have different stock locations (i.e. manufacturer / distributor delivers direct to customer)
2. Different optimal shipping methods depending on manufacturer / location / product.
3. Manufacturers offer products in multiple categories.
4. Manufacturers have "overlapping" product categories.
5. Not that problematic - one central shop (stock location) for "unspecific" products.

It took some brainwork to assign products to correct pseudo vendor (label, manufacturer, distributor) as well as some tinkering and coding in different parts of VM to have automatisms at runtime.

Effort depands on how detailled such splitting has to be and how good first brainwork is done. It's nothing being done in a day (no matter which system you want to use).

edit:
Nowadays one needs online information about availability, estimated delivery times, just in time capability and so on. This needs inclusion of usage of external webservices which is very custom in each case.

mohtashimj

Can the mentioned scenario will be done from any plugin or module or I need to build custom shipping plugin for this and need to use the same? OR can it be possible to modify any existing shipping plugin and will be work like I need?

Please provide your suggestions.
Thanks in advanced.

Studio 42

See https://shop.st42.fr/en/tools/shipment-rules.htm but i think that for your case it's not what you need exactly.
Use "ask a question"  or send me a private message, if you need a specific plugin.
If you want do it yourself, check in folder plugins/vmshipment/standard plugin but you need to add many codes to add your needs.

mohtashimj

Hello Studio 42, I have PM you separately. Please provide your suggestions.