News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

multi language products

Started by StompJames, June 18, 2019, 17:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StompJames

Hello,

I am setting up a multi language site but need a little help with the best practice.

On my previous site of this kind I have setup separate products, menus and articles etc. I have since been told that VM will allow me to add different languages to one product. Is this possible? So to be clear, can I have a product that has different text for description displayed without having to make a separate product for each language.

I have professional translations so do not want it to translate, I want to enter my own text per language.

Thanks,

James

StompJames

StefanSTS

Just make a multi language installation for Joomla with the content languages activated.
Choose the languages in VM config and save it.
Now you will find a language selection inside of your product and you can save all the shop languages that you have given in Joomla and VM config.
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

StompJames

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Just need a little more help to get started.

I have some installed languages and they look to be published but I do not see the options in the products to add specific information.

I have attached a screenshot of the installed languages and the languages content screen.

Not sure what I need to do next.

Thanks,

James

Studio 42

In Joomla admin > Components > Virtuemart > Configuration. You can add (or remove) language.
Then you see a list of language on edit products, categories ....