News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problems after moving website hosts

Started by tjharrison, June 14, 2019, 13:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjharrison

Hi,

I was recently tasked with migrating a websites hosting. All seemed to go fine except that there's now some problems with the VirtueMart component.

It is now taking an extremely long time to load product categories as well as the products themselves (although they do eventually load). A search form for the store is now missing. Adding a product to the cart results in the following error:

Argument 1 passed to plgVmPaymentPaypal::plgVmDisplayLogin() must be an instance of VirtuemartViewUser, instance of VmView given, called in /homepages/26/d400987012/htdocs/hosted/westmercia/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 70

The Joomla version is 3.9.6
The VirtueMart version is 3.4.2
The sites URL is https://www.westmercia.co.uk

I've not used VirtueMart or Joomla before, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

jenkinhill

Where is a page that uses VirtueMart? Does not seem to be a menu link to VirtueMart anywhere?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

The problem is in your template or something related.
If you use this link https://www.westmercia.co.uk/forklift-sales/used-forklifts/used-electric-forklifts?template=protostar
The main page load in 600ms
But with your template it need 30 Secondes!

jenkinhill

Very slow page! Browser console throws up "ReferenceError: Virtuemart is not defined" - you are using facebox instead of the prefered fancybox - selected in VM configuration/templates. Also you are loading the jQuery library which VirtueMart needs, as well as mootools for some reason. Like 42, I believe you have template issues, and you have additional overheads because you use yagendoo product manager.

Turning on Joomla (&VM) debug may help identify issues.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Using Mootools does not have to be a big issue, Custom Filters for VM uses Mootools for example.

But as studio42 points out, You use a very heavy template.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

tjharrison

Thanks for this everyone. I'll get in touch with the developer of the site and ask about heaviness of the template and in the meantime, try to debug it a bit myself.

The site did (before the move) have a search function for its shop, which now isn't there. Would that be also have been a part of virtuemart itself?

Studio 42

Or you have a problem in the template or a new feature(plugin or module)
Try to unpublish each module or plugin one by one and check if this solve the slowdown.
I think that it can be solved in 1 hour with some test.