News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Installing example product database - Translation missing for virtuemart_product

Started by kacie_23, June 12, 2019, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kacie_23

After installation of the latest Virtuemart + Joomla
Joomla! 3.8.12 Stable
and VirtueMart 3.4.2

I get this message : Translation missing for virtuemart_product_id  - in the product list.

If I open the database, the en-GB database is empty, but the en-US is containing something.
I assume this has something to do when choosing the default language.

How can I solve this?
Do I have to copy database content to solve this?

jenkinhill

Can I ask why you have installed an old and insecure Joomla version? The latest version is 3.9.8 and no version before 3.9.7 is considered secure for use on a live site.

There is no en-US language for VM as far as I know. I guess you installed the US version of Joomla? Suggest a reinstall with the latest Joomla.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jjk

If you install Joomla locally (on xampp or wamp) using a browser which is configured to use US-English, the Joomla installer uses US-English too, unless you change the preselected language during installation.

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 12, 2019, 13:52:54 PM
There is no en-US language for VM as far as I know.
That's correct. I did remove the en-US-language long time ago, because the American VM users never maintained it on transifex.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations