SEF - products disappear, user registration uses 60% CPU - SEF / SEO bug ?

Started by kacie_23, June 10, 2019, 21:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kacie_23

Hello Everybody,

I am fairly new to Virtuemart, and need to get my shop up and running.
Everything seemed to work good, and then I tried to enable this SEF system, that makes my URL's nice and professional.

All sorts of problems seem to occur:

Some of my image sliders, logos etc. does not load in the page.
When trying to enter the user-registration, the CPU's (eight cores), seem to be totally overloaded for 30 seconds before the page loads. General increase in loading time.
All the products in my shop disappear.....

Again.... I am fairly new to this, but have acquired quite good knowledge about the Joomla system (overrides, modules and code-base).
So just hit me with everything you know. I need help :)

Thank you!

Studio 42

jjk

A few ideas:

In the Joomla forum you wrote "localhost/nb/component/virtuemart/user?Itemid=0". I wonder if you have a menu item which is assigned to the 'Menu Item Type' 'VirtueMart' > 'Category Layout' and selected 'Top Level Category' from the 'Select a Category' dropdown list. Also select a language for each menu item.

Next I would suggest to clear all your caches from the Joomla 'System' menu and your browser cache. Then select 'Menu' > 'Manage' and click 'Rebuild menu'.

Check your php memory limit in the Joomla system information. 256 mb is a frequently recommended value.

Another possible source of the problem might be that your template is using an older jQuery version. You can locate many problems, if you use the Firefox browser's 'Inspector'. Choose Tools > Web Developer > Inspector.

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Studio 42

I dont think that you have a core problem.
Have you add new plugins ? You can have problems with some system plugins or redirections because SEF rules or bad .htaccess setting.
If you had a live website we can help you more, but it's hard to find the culprit without access to the problem

Studio 42

Quote from: kacie_23 on June 12, 2019, 08:21:55 AM
But really.... everything is working. I just need to find the code that start to spin out of control.
I find it strange that noone talks about coding here.
Why should this be a "code"?
If all VM shops had the same problem, then it might be a code. But I only see your report, so it may be a conflict with a third-party plugin in your case. Disabling the right plugin can be the solution