Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Free download link is not displayed

Started by Micha70, May 31, 2019, 23:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micha70

Hello everybody,

I have virtual products on my site.
For the downloads I use OpenTools Virtuemart Download for sale plugin under VM 3.2.15 and Joomla 3.8.7.

If I set up free downloads that should be available to all guests, I will only see a blank new tab (# tab2) or a white spot on the layout position ontop.

I log in then, I see the download link. If I log out, he is gone again.
How can that be? I have tried it with every available order status.

The download links "Paid downloads" and "Download only after registration" work flawlessly. Only the free downloads are missing, are only visible after logging in.

greetings

Jörgen

This is an Open tools component. Heard they are out of business. Has it ever worked ? This looks an issue like a payed support.

Not many that can help with these little info and old VM and Joomla versions.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Micha70

Hello Jörgen,

Thank you for your food for thought! :)
I just wanted to capture all the details and dig deeper again. Finally I could solve it .. sweat.

Yes, there has long been no support for OptenTool. But my VM version is not that old again.
I work with PHP 7.2. Joomla 3.9.1 did not work with my template and bootstrap, nothing works right there. So I finally had to find a denominator, a basis on which to work reliably.

When I bought it in February 2016, the VM Downloads for sale plugin, believe in VM 2.xx and Joomla 2.xx, because I was initially only the free download displayed. Registered and Paid Downloads did not work. So exactly the opposite as here. At the time, I got that through configuration, because I did not need free downloads and have not considered them since then.

I have already tried all other templates, protostar, Beeze, vmbeeze3 ..
On my Hera3 template, I have disabled the html folder. Everything without the desired effect. The free download links are not displayed.

So if I set the default value to 'downloads_for_sale' in Custom field and set the layout position to normal. then a tab (# tab2) from the default.php appeared in the product details. The tab had no content.

In the table #__virtuemart_customs the self-created plugin field has the download status field_type 'E'. Like the other two download types (regitrated and paid).

The order status entry for instant download had the field_type 'Y'. I changed it to 'E' and set it manually to 'E' in the table #__virtuemart_customs. The success was still missing.

Then I looked in the #__extension. There stood enabled = 1, access = 2. Whatever the values ​​mean. 1 for user, 2 for admin and user?
For all other entries, access = 1. I have now set the value to 1 here. And now it really works. All three download types now work perfectly.

best regards,
Michael