Checkout Process changed with WorldPay

Started by ReJigged, May 22, 2019, 18:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReJigged

Hi,

VM 3.4.2
J! 3.9.6
PHP 7.2.18

I've been running a VM shopping site for years with the 'Online Store' WorldPay payment plugin together with a VM Template.

Recently, I have been made aware of something that slipped through the testing phase that I go through with each update.

If a NEW shopper registers AFTER putting something in the cart and then goes through the checkout process they are forced to register. This is by design and as configured. However, the 'Confirm Purchase' button is clicked on once and the customer fills out their address/billing details.

Once registration is complete they are shown the 'Confirm Purchase' button again.

And here is the NEW step. Previously they would now be automatically redirected to the WorldPay site to complete payment. But my site just shows 'Thank you for your order!' and a logout button. With a VM message saying 'Please confirm your order'!

So something has changed.

If the customer is savvy enough to go to the cart again and click on 'Confirm Purchase' for a third time they this time are directed to the WorldPay payment page and payment is processed as normal and the site seems ok.

But that first visit saying 'Thank you for your order!' is resulting in a few abandoned carts.

Can anyone provide any advice?

Many thanks

RJ

GJC Web Design

without access to the Worldpay plugin it is unlikely any one can help..
how is it controlling the redirect to WP?  By JS ?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ReJigged

Hi,

I'm happy to give you access to the site and the plugin to fix if you can PM and quote?