News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

"Superproduct" feature request

Started by juanvilchez, May 06, 2019, 15:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juanvilchez

Hello everyone.

I would like to propose a feature. I call it "superproduct".

Right now in my store, eveyone gets free shipping costs when they order at least 50kg of products. I do it this way because I have a very complicated table of shipping costs depending on state/province, which is directly applied from my delivery company (around 1000 variants depending on weight and destination!).

The thing is that I only sell two kinds of products, the regular ones and the premium ones.

The regular ones are obviously cheaper and have a higher demand.

I've thought of a way to improve sales of the premium products: Every time someone buys at least one premium product and X regular products, the shipping costs should be automatically 0.

That way, people ordering less than 50kg of products will prefer buying at least one premium product to paying shipping costs.

What do you think?

Regards and thanks.

VM 3.8.8 (10472)
Joomla 3.10.9
PHP 7.3.25

juanvilchez

I've made a mockup:

This would be the suggested look and behaviour.

If you set the value to 0 or no value, it would be OFF, and it would behave as usual.

If you set the value to 1, you require at least one unit of this "superarticle" to grant free shipping costs for the current order.

If you set the value to 3, you require at least three units of this "superarticle" to grant free shipping costs for the current order.

VM 3.8.8 (10472)
Joomla 3.10.9
PHP 7.3.25

Studio 42

You can manage this using category filter and some existing shipping plugins from alatak.net and from my shop