News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

3.2.2 error after upgrading

Started by Lincon, April 26, 2019, 12:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincon

Hello everyone,,
I'm running Joomla 2.5.28 and just upgraded to Virtuemart 3.2.2 in preparation to upgrade to Joomla 3.5.
I am getting the following message.

JFolder::create: Could not create directory Path: /logs

Could not create path /logs to store log information. Check your folder /logs permissions.

vmError: Warning, the Safe Path is not accessible (does not exist or no permission). For safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL or unguessable name, create also a folder 'invoices' and 'keys' in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /hermes/bosnaweb20a/b287/ipw.musicali/public_html/vmfiles/

You can also use a complex folder name as 'password' for example /hermes/bosnaweb20a/b287/ipw.musicali/public_html/joomlaUpgrade/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/49sG7zf1Q2oK/ Use this link to the config
Permission for my logs folder is 755 and so is my vmfiles.

What am I missing?

I have included an fpa-en if that will help.

jenkinhill

So you have not set the safe path yet, but this is not a problem as you can set this once you have completed the upgrades to current versions,  Joomla 3.9.5 and VM 3.4.2  (or possibly 3.4.5 - a pre-release version of 3.4.6).   The /logs directory changed in Joomla from being in root to being under administration, but I suspect the error you see is due to having a path in your original J/VM installation that is not available in the new. Again, something to sort out once upgrade is complete.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum