HELP NEEDED BADLY: Connect Joomla user group to Virtuemart shopper group

Started by demolitionben, April 25, 2019, 20:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demolitionben

Hi everyone, in basic I'm looking for a solution in which I want a specific user group in Joomla 3.9.5 to be connected to a shopper group and profile data in VirtueMart 3.2.15 .
Reason:
- user data for orders is already in Virtuemart (user doesn't need to fill in his data which he already provided).
- user who is registered gets different pricing for the products

Pretty important:
- this specific group of registered users in Joomla have a specific purpose and therefore get specific discounts. Other consumer users just can register in Virtuemart. They are not a registered user in Joomla and such not part of a user group in Joomla.

I hope that you can help me integrate this solution. Would be a big plus for the Joomla/Virtuemart platform.

Thank you for thinking with us  :) :)

GJC Web Design

U are mis-understanding how VM registration works

QuotePretty important:
- this specific group of registered users in Joomla have a specific purpose and therefore get specific discounts. Other consumer users just can register in Virtuemart. They are not a registered user in Joomla and such not part of a user group in Joomla.

There is no difference between reg in Joomla and VM .. they are the  same thing .. only when the VM registration is used additional info is collected and stored in the VM user tables

there are plugins available to auto change VM shopper groups depending on different factors

why not just manually add the particular users to the Shopper Group u want?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation