If a client does not accept cookies for example Chrome, odering isn't working?

Started by nkamp, March 30, 2019, 12:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkamp

Hello,

This week a client was calling the site doesn't work because he could not order something. He told that it is not working on his mobile phone. So I test it with FF, Brave it was working fine with my Android phone. It was working on my iPhone with Safari.
But if I test it with Google Chrome on my Android phone, he was right.
When I go to product, click on the button 'order', the popup came with "further shopping"/"show cart", and if press show cart it was redirected to OPC of Rupostel with message "Cart is empty"!!???

This morning I detected the problem. On my mobile phone I had at my Google Chrome browser switched off "accept cookies"!
So at the end I think it has nothing to do with mobile or computer or browser.

But what is the best way to let the customer know that he has switched off "accept cookies" in his browser it he tries to order something? Or what do I not understand at VM? I think I'm not the only one how do others this?
Or is it possible to let ordering work without cookies?

With Regards,

Nico

jjk

Shopping carts usually do not work without cookies. Cookies are used to store ordering information, like for example which products a customer has added into the cart.
One possible option to notify customers that they need to allow cookies would be to use one of the 'Cookies' Information plugins available in the Joomla extension directory, which allows you to edit the information text.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations