News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Paypal Standard Integration

Started by JACUK, February 04, 2019, 19:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JACUK

Hi,

Just trying to setup Paypal as payment method.

Cannot find a configuration screen to enter API details.

Could someone point me in the right direction.

A couple of screen grabs attached to help - merchant email address has been removed for obvious reasons.

Thanks

Jörgen

Click on production and fill in the details ...

You have an PayPal account right ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

JACUK

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried both produstion and sandbox but as the screen grabs show there is nowhere to input the Paypal API codes.

Yes I have a Paypal Business account and have generated the API codes.

The issue is where do I add the API codes?

Thanks

JACUK

Also meant to add that the "Sign in at Paypal" button just takes me to the Paypal Homepage and if I login with my account details it just takes me to the Dashboard.

My virtumart installation came as part of a template package from a developer.

Is the a setting somewhere else that needs changing to allow the Paypal config to work properly?

Thanks

Jörgen

Been using Paypal for almost 10 years, never used sign in at paypal. What do I need this for ? I Go to PayPals website and log in as usual.

What Do You mean with Dashboard ? PayPals Dashboard? Or Your PayPal account ? If I remember correctly I only fill in my Paypal email account name.

I Use standard PayPal in VM.

Sure that this won´t work ?

Otherwise You should try:
Payment Pro
Hosted Pro

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Are you confusing the VM standard PayPal plugin with this one, which requires API configuration?  https://plugins.online-store.co.uk/paypal_express_checkout.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JACUK

Hi,

Thanks Kelvin - your question put me on the right track.

There has been a bit of a delay coming back to this - a combination on my client wanting some urgent work on another of his projects and me having an op in hospital.

I was initially looking at what I now know to be Paypal Standard. Have now configured Paypal Pro and setup sandbox account, etc to test.

All ready to test but with one small problem.

When you get to the checkout there is no payment option showing - see attached screen grab.

I have gone through the config screens several times to see if I have missed anything but everything that should be selected is. Or at least I cannot see anything that is switched off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Julian

AH

Ensure that the paypal plugin is enabled in joomla plugins
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

JACUK

Thanks for the reply.

Have checked installed plug-ins and it is installed & active.

Screen grab attached.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

AH

That looks to be a template not base VM?

Try switching to protostar for testing
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

JACUK

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Changed template to protostar and the issue continues.

Having reset the template back to the one i am using for the site i selected a product and took it through the cart/checkout process.

On the shopping cart page (where no payment etc is displayed) i clicked on next and went through the rest of the checkout process logging in a a registered user - I eventaually got to the screen in the attached screen grab. which shows paypal as a payment option.

So part of the process is working, but the payment method is not being displayed on the cart page.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Julian

AH

I have no idea unless I can see URL

However, you are using the paypal pro option which takes card details within your page - I suggest you try the "HOSTED PRO"

This loads the card fields in an iframe - not card details are stored on your page
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0