Still no link to "Shipping costs" and no article number on products details ?

Started by lostmail, December 08, 2018, 12:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostmail

http://demo.virtuemart.net/dress-shirt-with-tie-detail

I´m wondering that there is still no option to activate a link to shipping cost information on product details ?

Or did i miss to find it ?

Further on ther is still no option to insert the "article number" on product details ?
Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

jenkinhill

VM standard shipment plugin (by weight, zip and countries) on Configuration tab:   Show on product details page  Yes/No

no option to insert the "article number" on product details

I don't know what you mean by article number. SKU?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lostmail

I have 60 different shipping options (dofferent rates for countires depending on weight) and I have for every shipping option to chosse if it is visible on product details page ??

Yes - i mean SKU.

jenkinhill

You could try turning the option on to see if it works for you - obviously subject to your template being able to display this.  See example below.

SKU can easily be inserted into a template override.  <?php echo $this->product->product_sku ?>   

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

lostmail

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 08, 2018, 14:16:04 PM
You could try turning the option on to see if it works for you - obviously subject to your template being able to display this.  See example below.

SKU can easily be inserted into a template override.  <?php echo $this->product->product_sku ?>   

Shipping costs are depending on the complete cart (weight) and depending on country.
So there should be a link in the products details to a table where users be informed about shipping costs (weight/country).

There is no default flatrate and it does not make sense to inform users for the shipping costs of a single article - in most cases users buy more thatn 1 item.

So there should be an option in virtuemart configuation to show a joomla page or popup box (where shipping costs are explained).
OR:
As shipping costs are normaly configured out in VM - there should be an option to show an automatic generated shipping costs
tablelisting  resulting from the configuration of the vm shipping plugin.

But what about the "includes tax" text near the price as a not ?

I´m missing these features since VM started - but till now we have to hack and hack...to have a shop which respects EU-Law; respective german law.

lostmail

lostmail

Jörgen

You can easily add a link in the product details page to your shipment costs, that does exactly this. Your example is not giving any more than that I am afraid. I can not see any real logic that is calculating the shipment costs. Until You go through checkout.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

lostmail

"You can easily add a link in the product details page to your shipment costs ?"
Not that easy...without hacking and template overwriting i think...
Easily would be a checkbox in shop conifguration "Show shipping costs (linbk) on product details" Yes/no.

Yes - shipping cost calculation is finally made in checkout page.

But the link to shipping cotst in product details could be a link to a joomla content page or vm looks in the plugin configuration
an makes a list from the definied shipping options....country, weight, prices, free from xxx euro and so on....a simple list.

Life could be simple...

Just see it as suggestion for improvement as i like VM....

lostmail

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 08, 2018, 14:16:04 PM

But this shipping cotst link will only appear if user is logged in....I (respectiver geman shops) need a shipping cost information before user is logged in.

Jörgen

custom attribute text, add the link and use a template prduct and you will get the link in all your products.

Jörgen @ Krestiv Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Quote from: lostmail on December 09, 2018, 10:33:30 AM

But this shipping cotst link will only appear if user is logged in....I (respectiver geman shops) need a shipping cost information before user is logged in.

The shopper would not have to be logged in if you use a Geo-locator - not always accurate, but easily done with a plugin, eg there is rules base shipping plugin which also has a Geo IP lookup.
https://extensions.virtuemart.net/checkout/shipments/pro-shipment-detail

I don't know if the rules would match your exact requirements, and it may need some tweaking to get the ship rate into the product display, but I'm sure the developer could do that, especially as she is one of the VM development team.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

Quote from: lostmail on December 08, 2018, 19:20:42 PM
Shipping costs are depending on the complete cart (weight) and depending on country.
Right and VM shows you them dynamically. Did you ever worked with it?

So there should be a link in the products details to a table where users be informed about shipping costs (weight/country).
Yepp and now imagine a shop which delivers worldwide and has 70 shipmentmethods. It is imho almost impossible to right a solution, which fits to anyone. Currently we display the price of the automatically selected shipment method. Which is usually the cheapest and so according to german law.

There is no default flatrate and it does not make sense to inform users for the shipping costs of a single article - in most cases users buy more thatn 1 item.
Interesting. Most shops sell exactly one item. That is also my personal experience. and a lot shops work actually with "Flatrates" per country. The reason is simple, the more somone buys, the more you earn and so the shipment is most time free when the order has a certain amount.

I´m missing these features since VM started - but till now we have to hack and hack...to have a shop which respects EU-Law; respective german law.
I do not understand, why VM does not respect german law. I really doubt that, I know a lot german merchants using that feature without any problem. And when you want to follow german law, you cant work without a geolocator.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

StefanSTS

To get information below the price regarding tax and delivery information, you can add two settings to:

administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg

vm_prices_info_delivery=1
vm_prices_info_tax=1

Add the following language overrides to the Joomla language override system:

COM_VM_TAX_EXCLUSIVE="excl. VAT" or "exkl. MwSt."
COM_VM_TAX_INCLUSIVE="incl. VAT"
COM_VM_PRICES_INFO_DIVIDER=" "
COM_VM_PRICES_INFO_DELIVERY="plus <a href="mylink/to/shippingrules">shipping</a>

All our customers sites have the German law properly implemented mostly with generic VM rules.
There is little manual work to be done to get them there.

Regards
Stefan

PS. For German speaking users I made a tutorial some time ago.
https://www.jooglies.com/tutorials/tutorial-virtuemart/47-virtuemart-preis-inklusive-mwst-zuz%C3%BCglich-versandkosten
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.