Loading frontend child product results in empty page until page is reloaded

Started by Thomas Kampp, October 19, 2018, 15:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Kampp

I think I have found the problem. It turns out that if you add "related products" to a multi variant products with child products, then it stops working. So simply remove the related products and it works again it seems.
This must be a bug, but I am not sure where to report it.
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla Services: www.joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla Hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Danish Smart Home: www.smart-home-konsulent.dk
Danish Subject Blog: www.sutra.dk

MarioP

I described my problem in here :https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=146237.msg520083#msg520083 and after further investigation I can only confirm:
Quote from: Thomas Kampp on November 16, 2018, 11:08:59 AM
I think I have found the problem. It turns out that if you add "related products" to a multi variant products with child products, then it stops working.
The same happens to me. But this is definitely not a solution:
Quote from: Thomas Kampp on November 16, 2018, 11:08:59 AM
So simply remove the related products and it works again it seems.
What's worse I'm not able to reproduce the issue on the VM demo site - adding a related product to a multi variant doesn't result in a page with only that product visible after the update (which happens in my case).
--
Where I can find the code that prepares response for the Ajax call?
'tmpl=component&format=html&dynamic=1'
For me ajax gives two different responses (depending I use the related product or not).
This is the response when a related product is added  - actually the related product itselves  :-X
<div class="vm-product-media-container"><a href="/wcdmc/en/products-en/accessories/stands/stand-detail" title="Speaker stand" target="_blank">Aluminium speaker stand</a></div>
That's why we have that incomplete website after the dynamic update, but what is the reason?