The customer does not receive a order confirmation email

Started by sylwekb, November 08, 2017, 10:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylwekb

Joomla 3.8.2, Virtuemart 3.2.4, php.7.1
The customer does not receive a order confirmation email.
The store administrator receives an email confirmation.
What to set so that customers also receive order confirmation?
Config screenschot bottom.

Jörgen

Hello
What status are you talking about? Pending?
Regards
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AH

The only difference is the Pending status

This is a technical status that is set when the order is saved in the database

If you are using a payment processor such as PayPal - on successful payment, this will be changed via an IPN message to Confirmed

In my setup - I do not send anyone emails when a pending status is set
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Jörgen

Hello

I know this has been discussed many times before. The problem is that before paypal has come back with the IPN there is no way of knowing when the system should send a mail on Pending status. Should it send it after two minutes, one hour, one day. Sometimes the Paypal transaction takes hours, sometimes seconds. If I see a pending order that has got stuck then I contact the customer to help him out. It seems to be difficult to automate the process if something goes sideways with a Paypal transaction. I can not see any way to catch this and give the customer better info. One way would be to make an override for the Pending status in the e-mail and explain that the order is pending and waiting for a payment to go through. It should also inform the customer that he shuold take action if there is no e-mail coming that confirms that the payment has gone through. Overriding the e-mail and treat Pending differently may be be a solution, even though I think it is more of band aid. Pending Paypal transactions cause a lot of confusion and often the customer don´t understand what is happening. Placing a couple new orders can empty the stock and make the customer Believe that the item is sold out.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

sylwekb

Mail to the client does not occur with Pending and Confirmed status. This is the case for PAYPAL and other payments, as well as for postage payments charge. I would like the customer to receive an email confirmation of the order and his status.

Jörgen

Does the customer receive e-mails if You manually update the order status in backend?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

sylwekb

Manually changing the order status sends a message to the buyer. Can the customer receive the same message as the administrator after ordering?

Jörgen

Hello
It should get the same message, depends on the email template. They have slightly different content. Try deactivating the invoice Creation for confirmed and see. There could be problem with creating the PDF invoice that stops the email from sending.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

sylwekb

You mean "Default Order Status to create an invoice" set to none ?

Jörgen

Yes, just to see if that makes it go through. There has been trouble with not enough memory to create PDF invoices onsome servers.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

sylwekb

Unfortunately, this change did not solve the problem. Email only came to the administrator. The order confirmation did not come to the customer. It is only possible to manually only email change the status. Any idea how to solve this problem?

Jörgen

Hello

The only clue would be some issue with the PHP version 7.1, could maybe be a problem. Perhaps turn on vmdebug for admin and methods in backend to see what happens.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

sylwekb

I changed to debug. It appears below.
I changed the php version to 7.0.16. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Messages to customers are still not sent.
Message bottom

pablobrunodw