News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart plugins update problem

Started by Tkheun, April 17, 2017, 08:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tkheun

Hello, everyone! I have troubles with some plugins update. I have about 18 updates available in my panel, but when I choose them and click 'update' button I get error message 'Invalid extension update'. Here is screenshot Same thing when I try to update every single one of them.

My configuration:
Database Version    5.6.28-1+wheezy1+mh2-log
PHP Version    5.4.45-1+mh1
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable [ Noether ] 1-December-2016 22:46 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

VirtueMart 3.2.1

jenkinhill

All VM supplied plugins are part of the VM aio component so are all updated when installing the latest version. After installing the main VM component the aio component (included in the extract_first package) must be installed. Sounds like you may not have installed the VM3.2.1 aio component?  See https://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/installation-migration-upgrade/226-update-single-plugin-delivered-by-aio.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tkheun

I did installed aio right after VM main component. Here is a screenshot.

Jörgen

Hello

Are You sure? Version of AIO is 3.0.18, see your screenshot,

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

You beat me to it, Jörgen

You should see VM3.2.1 versions.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fastpat27

Hi guys
I too get this error but I have AIO 3.2.1 already installed and all these plugins are still showing available to update but don't. See attached.

Is there anything to fix this or could it be a browser cache problem or anything like that?

Thanks
FP

Jörgen

See my previous answer....  8)

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

fastpat27

Sorry Jorgen, do you mean my version aio is not 3.2.1? In image 2 it shows allinone is 3.2.1 but all other plugins / modules are 3.0.18. I have also updated virtuemart to 3.2.1 but why do the other still show 3.0.18?

First image is the update screen, second image is manage screen

Thanks
FP

Jörgen

Check Joomla failed installs or update AIO manually through Joomla installer.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

fastpat27

OK Thanks Jorgen, I wouldn't know how to check Joomla Filed Installs but I manually installed the latest Virtuemart and the AIO again and seems to have overwritten evreything now and all seems up to date.

thanks
FP

Jörgen

You are welcome. :)

Joomla has an option in backend for finding broken installs and try to finish them.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x