Main Menu

SEF url's migration - Virtuemart - Joomla - Artio SEF

Started by joomdev2, March 31, 2017, 01:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joomdev2

Hi,

We have a old website that's running on Joomla 1.0, Virtuemart 1.1 + Artio SEF

We have a lot of custom URL's and want to migrate all to the newer version
Joomla 3.6.5, Virtuemart 3 + ARtioSEF 4.10.

The problem is that the non-SEF url's of virtuemart have been changed (layouts and all) and we need to move everything keep the same SEF url's.

Anyone with experience in Joomla + Virtuemart + SEF url's would know what to do.

the site has around 100+ categories and around 3000+ products.

bortolani

I had a similar problem and the only solution I found was to move the old site to a subdirectory.
Then I wrote several .htaccess rules to redirect old URLs to new ones.
Finally I have a catch-all rule in .htaccess to redirect all 404s to the corresponding page on old site because most page-not-found are actually google search results pointing to the old version.

Seems a lot of work but with a few well written rules using regular expressions you solve 90% of the cases.

Adrian_Williams

Hi

Can you please provide us the url structure that you are following and please check if the setting of artio sef is same on both the site

https://www.artio.net/joomsef/joomsef-upgrade-instructions

Please check the following and let me know what exactly things you have done till now

also if possible provide us Joomla super admin and password so i can cross check the issue and help you

{Mod edit. see note below.}

Adrian

jenkinhill

if possible provide us Joomla super admin and password so i can cross check the issue and help you

All members are advised never to do this unless you actually know/trust  the person you are giving this information to. In this case this poster only joined the forum today.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum