News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

www.evolvemakeup.com

Started by netplus, December 01, 2005, 13:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netplus

Eiteall

Hi your site www.evolvemakeup.com is quite smart all in black. I very much like it but heres a few things I noticed...in my pretend shopping experience.

On entering the store, I thought for a moment it was a catalog only site! The Add to cart Cart and Attributes for all products is extremely low on the page, you have to scroll to find it.

The same could be said for the Legal/and company information - you just come accross them by accident.

The attribute pictures are a very nice addition - but once you select add to cart on one attribute it sends you  straight to your cart, rather than allowing you to add two or more flavours so you have to find the product again.

I added a product to the cart and then went wandering to find out some information on the store. After having my nose at the features of the shop I decided to look at the registration. which I could not find instantly.

I could not register in advance of my shopping experience. The only option available was Login/view my account which was unavailable/permission denied.

So I was forced to find again Your Shopping Cart which is not available on all pages. I then had to show cart and checkout and now eventually had my registration page

I liked your big visable blue required stars in your contact us page and thought that this would be a good addition here too.

Halfway down the page here there is an anoying Customer Information popup which flicks on and off.

Before finalising a registration I decided to confirm what the TOS would be, but to see the terms of service you have to register to see them, again permission denied  :-\ not good as I would like to see what I was signing up for.

Also I noticed you were running a credit Powered By Mambo and Mambo-phpShop
this is very good of you, very few people seem to keep the credit which is a shame, but have you thought of upgrading to Joomla and virtuemart?

Anyway this was my experience as a pretend shopper, if I were more into makup perhaps it would have been for real  ;D but hopefull this will help you improve the shop.

Eiteall

QuoteOn entering the store, I thought for a moment it was a catalog only site! The Add to cart Cart and Attributes for all products is extremely low on the page, you have to scroll to find it.

This is in the firefox browser, in explorer the information appears at the top of page

infernal

Hi.

It´s great your view for the business.

I like the idea  1st screen of your shop.

Thanks
[move] ;);););) VirtueMart Best Shop In the WWW ;);););)[/move]

delusion

Quote from: dmglampers on December 02, 2005, 02:04:48 AM
Before finalising a registration I decided to confirm what the TOS would be, but to see the terms of service you have to register to see them, again permission denied  :-\ not good as I would like to see what I was signing up for.

I have the exact same thing on my website.. how/where can i fix that?

delusion

i hate kicking topics, but i still haven't found the solution for this one.. :S

Eiteall

Normally the TOS should appear in a popup,

delusion

Quote from: dmglampers on April 25, 2006, 02:17:24 AM
Normally the TOS should appear in a popup,

it does.. and the popup tells people to login onr register.. I thought it was weird too..

celldan

I am having the exact same problem on my site and have not been able to find a solution.  From reading around, a lot of people are suffering with this same thing.

When an unregistered customer tries to purchase a product (which will register them at the same time) they must agree to the Terms of Service.  The only problem is, when they try to read the TOS it says "You are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login."  The user's only option to continue the purchase is to check the box whether they have read the TOS or not.

Help!

hotfrost

first of all, i would change the woman image :) - brunette will work better there..:) in my opinion..seriously.

internal design and usability - 5.5 of of 10

Greg P

Has anyone solved this?  I'm still wrestling with it and can't see any way around it