News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Final Price keeps changing to Cost Price (SOLVED)

Started by antonitus, March 04, 2016, 17:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonitus

Hi,

Once again, I'm pulling my hair out with this one and it seems it is an on-going issue.

I enter a Cost Price, say 16.625
And then enter a Final Price, say 19.95.

Every time I hit the Save button, it changes the Final Price to be the same as Cost Price, i.e. 16.625.

I don't know what else to do here to make the Final Price stay to 19.95.

Can anyone help as to how to achieve this without overriding the Final Price.  I have to say this worked before on exactly the same version of VM and nothing was changed.

Thanks,
antonitus

VM: 3.0.12
Joomla: 3.4.8
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

antonitus

I managed to figure it out after nearly a day of trial and error.  I have to say, I thought VM3 was going to be a bit more user friendly compared to VM2. The logic is all over the place. A messy VM developer brain comes to mind.  You need a PhD to work out the price and tax structure of VM.  If the VM developers can make VM3 more user friendly, I will pay for it.  Bearing this in mind, it's a powerful piece of software and it's free, so I am not complaining here of course, I just wanted to point this out.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

antonitus

For those who want to know how I did it. Here it is. It's a bit weird of course, but it works very well.
This example assumes you set a Tax amount to be shown after a final price, i.e. included in the final price and not added to the final price. Your set up might be different, however it doesn't matter about that. This is to show you how to keep the final price in without it changing to the base price.

First of all:
1. Add the Base Price
2. Select your Tax you created earlier and apply it to the Base Price. Mine was for UK 20% VAT.
3. Add the Final Price
4. Do not select a Tax on the Final Price, i.e, Apply no rule
5. In the 'Override' section, make sure you select 'Overwrite final' option. Doe not add a value in the Override field.
6. Save - This holds the Final price amount without changing it to the Base price. You may notice that a price is not showing on your product in the front end, so...
7. Go back to the same product if you're not already in.
8. In the 'Override' section again, make sure you select 'Disabled' option. The product price will now show on the front end
8. Save again and now you should see your product with Final price before tax, showing in the Tax column of the cart

I hope this helps some people.

VM: 3.0.12
Joomla: 3.4.8
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

Milbo

completly wrong. The worst you can do. You should NEVER use override price, except you understand, what it does.

Read the manual please http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/204-tax-and-calculation-rules-overview.html
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

antonitus

Hi Milbo,

Thanks for your interest.

I didn't actually add a value in the 'Override' section.  I added the Final price value and then just selected the 'Overwrite final' option to stop the Final price from changing to the exact value of the Base price.  This was the only way to achieve this, unless there is a bug.  I then saved it to keep the Base price different to the Final price and then I had to select the 'Disabled' option to allow the price to be shown on the frontend, then saved again.  Could this be a bug maybe?  or is that how it should be done. If so, it's a bit user unfriendly and I spent ages trying to figure it out.

Thanks,
antonitus
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16