News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Registered Users dont see final price (including TAX) in VM 3

Started by fadunis, March 01, 2016, 14:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fadunis

Hello all,

i have spent days trying to find a strange issue with pricing. i have  created one tax rule (GR 23%) and i have applies the rule to all shop products.
As a guest someone can see the final price and the vat amount which is good.
when someone logs in the site in the default user group, for some reason can only see the price without the VAT. i have tried all pricing settings, groups and shopper settings with no luck.
Can someone advice/help with this problem?

jenkinhill

On your settings the tax will only be applied if the shopper's registered country is Greece? What happens if you make it Available for all?

On the front end are you using a commercial template or template overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fadunis

Thanks a lot for the  reply.
the eshop gives only Greece as the available country for registration. so all registered members are Greece
i use  the square shop  template by http://www.virtuemarttemplates.net/
see attached the problem

jenkinhill

What happens if you make it Available for all?

To check if it is a template issue switch to using the Joomla Protostar template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fadunis

what do you suggest to make available for all?

itseems its not a template issue.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

fadunis

Negaive

i changed Greece with all and also  assigned the beez template but no luck.

i am so confused. This cant be so difficult to figure out.

fadunis

i think i got something now.

just created a new user and everything works fine.
the fact is that all users have been migrated from the old VM eshop to the new one with the VM migrator component. all are assigned to the default group.
i assume that for some reason all old shoppers are not 100% integrated to the new shop.

any ideas how to fix this?

jenkinhill

I'd look in the dtabase to see what the differences are and maybe run some SQL to change them all to the setuo that works.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

fadunis

Thank you  jenkinhill.

actually its fixed now. the VAT profile has been re created and applied to all products through phpmyadmin
just so you know, it seems that if you migrate configuration from an old vm to new vm some of them may not work even if they are  there in the setup.