News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Apply no rule on downloadable products does not override CA sales tax rule - VM3

Started by rshafer, February 17, 2016, 03:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rshafer

I have a CA sales tax rule set for California residents. The tax rule works fine for the most part - no other state residents are charged tax,
physical products add the correct tax for CA residents. But downloadable products to CA residents still get sales tax added.
All of my downloadable products are set to 'apply no rule' rather than the sales tax rule.
I also tried to include only physical product categories in my CA state sales tax rule configuration and that did not work either.

I am using Istraxx downloads plugin.

This is a development site with joomla 3x and VM 3x.
The current live site with vm2 and digitoll downloads plugin, works fine and does not charge CA sales tax for downloadable products.
I've tried to match all other setting with the live site.

Any insight appreciated.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rshafer

Actually I found another aspect to this glitch I am experiencing.

I have a billing/shipping address in CA

If I add a donwloadable product to the cart - it calculates tax even though all downloadable products have 'apply no rule'

If I then add a physical product to the cart, the tax corrects itself - tax is removed from the downloadable product and only calculates tax for the physical product(which is correct).

If I remove the physical product from the cart, then tax is applied back to the downloadable product.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rshafer

Yes, ticket is open under istraxx category
ticket number: 3BQX5UD4KQ

Thanks